With rapic economic and social development, Chengdu is improving the public welfare while maintians much of its people-friendly tradition.
Here is a list of the things and services that you have in Chengdu for free:
1. The holder of the Tianfutong Card, the city's bus card, enjoys three free transfers within 2 hours;
2. The city's subway system, Chengdu Metro, provides free copies of the newspaper Chengdu Metro Express;
3. Free wi-fi accessibility at Chengdu North Railway Station, Chengdu East Railway Station and Shuangliu International Airport;
4. Free bus rides in the central areas in downtown Chengdu for Tianfutong card holders from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.;
5. Free premarital physical check-ups for the couple registering to marry if anyone of the couple has Chengdu Hukou (registered residency);
6. Free admission to all universities and colleges in the city, and free audience to any of the courses and lectures;
7. Free admission to parks and old town sites;
8. Free refills in all the teahouses.